City Operations Manager - Brasília
About your job:
Yellow is here to make a revolution in Brazilian Mobility! We want to change peoples life and the way the commute everyday, making it cheaper, faster and more fun than today.
The Cities team is responsible to shape our strategy of all our products in the city market and will be accountable for the user experience and overall growth of the business. This will require a motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter with a passion for micro mobility and problem solving.
This person will be in charge to balance our market - you’ll know where our bikes and e-scooters should be, what is the next part of the city we should be expanding into to maximize growth, and best strategies for competitive positioning.
The Cities Teams will work closely with the General Manager, who will focus on thought partnership, insights, and implementation.
You'll be working with a great team, including founders of 99, the first brazilian unicorn, and the former CEO of Caloi. Check out what the press is saying about yellow: G1, Folha de SP, CatracaLivre.
Here you are going to be responsible for:
- Budget, P&L performance, and financial optimization to reach profitability targets in your city
- Build a cohesive strategy for a set of markets to improve the experience and optimize for growth.
- Based on the strategy you’ll help to choose and drive strategic initiatives the team should prioritize, set a timeline to reach goals quickly, and see them through to completion
- Manage all aspects of operational activities, such as process creation, deployment of bikes and scooters, charging locations and strategies - all with the goal of creating a highly efficient operations.
- Be an expert in local in your city - Understand supply and demand dynamics, right product fit to each user and/or city
- Drive strategic planning across the org taking into account product market fit, competitive position, rides coverage, marketplace conditions, users profile, and strategic partner requirements
- At least 3 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience. Ride hailing industry will be a plus
- Highly analytical mindset and proficiency in Excel
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with meaningful analytical thinking
- Ability to think strategically and take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to navigate and drive execution through complex stakeholder landscapes
- Great collaborator and someone who proactively partners across teams while holding them accountable for business results