General Manager Operations - Southeast and Midwest
About your job:
Yellow is here to make a revolution in Brazilian Mobility! We want to change peoples life and the way the commute everyday, making it cheaper, faster and more fun than today.
The General Manager is the most important role in the region. Is the one that leads Yellow strategy and team on its region.
As a GM you will be in charge of customer acquisition and engaging, bike and scooter logistics and all cities P&L. Aside from that will help the regulatory team, will be responsible for intelligent hiring, motivating the ops team and creative problem solving.
It requires a highly versatile leader, someone who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. It’s the intersection of leadership, analytics, creativeness, and problem solving that makes the this role an exciting and challenging job.
You'll be working with a great team, including founders of 99, the first brazilian unicorn, and the former CEO of Caloi. Check out what the press is saying about yellow: G1, Folha de SP, CatracaLivre.
Here you are going to be responsible for:
- Define and implement operational and logistics strategy in your city
- Recruit and lead the local Ops team. You will be responsible for defining hiring needs in your city and bringing on top Ops talent to help execute on the day-to-day, while also setting the future strategy. Leading by example and establishing a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
- Oversee budgeting, P&L performance, and financial optimization to reach profitability targets
- Growth of the business. Execution is key. You will be responsible for growing rides, number of users, users engagement, and revenue.
- Manage all aspects of operational activities, such as process creation, deployment of bikes and scooters, charging locations and strategies - all with the goal of creating a highly efficient operations.
- Represent Yellow at in the community local events, in local media, and in communication with external stakeholders
- Contribute and share best practices with Yellow team
Our requirements for this position are:
- 7+ years proven success in a similar role - leading operations/logistics, leading diverse teams, developing procedures, optimizing systems, and achieving benchmark operational goals
- Analytical Thinking. Data-driven mentality and strong business judgment. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running an innovative sustainable operation.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills
- Passionate about the overall goals of bike and scooter share and sustainable transportation
- BA/BS with impressive academic record. Advanced degree a plus
- This position will be based in Belo Horizonte or Rio de Janeiro